Company in brief
UST Umweltsensortechnik GmbH is a successful medium sized enterprise, recognised internationally as a leading company for development and production of ceramic sensor technology, successfully acting in the global market.
A fundamental key for the business success of the company is the market-driven development and production of innovative ceramic sensor elements for gases, temperatures and flows as well as innovative devices for gas detection.
FACTS ABOUT THE COMPANY
- Company established: 1991, with 5 employees, supported by Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany (BMBF)
- Company location: Geratal OT Geschwenda, Thuringia / Germany (...)
- Product range:
- Platinum thin-film temperature sensor elements
- Customized semi-finished temperature probes
- Metal-oxide(MOX) semiconductor gas sensors and gas sensor modules
- Devices & systems (handheld gas leak detectors, stationary detectors, detector modules etc.)
- Research and development as well as production in Thuringia/ Germany
- Annual output: several million sensors as well as several thousand gas detection devices (from small up to large series)
- Sales and distribution: global
- Customers: e.g. automotive industry/ services, electronics industry, building (services) engineering, process engineering, energy engineering, environmental technology, safety engineering, medical engineering, logistics
- Certifications: IATF 16949:2016 (quality management) and DIN EN ISO 14001:2015 (environmental management) ...
- Employees: > 100 (FTEs), thereof
- more than 60% women
- 15 engineers for research and development activities
- Electronics workers
- Industrial clerk
- Specialists for warehouse logistics