Ceramic sensor technology
Common components of our ceramic sensor elements for temperatures, gases and flows are
- ceramic carrier substrate (Al2O3) with a micro-structured platinum thin-film layer, covered with a passivation layer,
- connection leads / SMD-contacts,
- specific locking-layers
- as well as for MOX gas sensor elements 1-3 gas-sensitive metal-oxide(MOX) layer/s.
Mostly adequate structural design, design elements and materials of our ceramic temperature and gas sensor elements allow their mostly adequate technological processing, using unified production facilities.
Innovative basis is an unified and scalable
Technology platform for ceramic sensor elements
for the efficient production of customized Platinum thin-film temperature sensor elements, MOX gas sensor elements etc. in high quality from small up to large series quantities.
Starting with innovative substrate(wafer) processes for micro-structuring from typically several hundred to several thousand of sensor elements per ceramic substrate, a mostly adequate processing of the chips up to the finished sensor elements will be done.
Essential elements of the technology platform:
- Scalable modular system of structures for functional elements (electrodes, resistance/ heater meander, contact pads) for the platinum micro-structuring of the sensor elements
- Validated sensor materials: ceramic substrates/ wafer (Al2O3), Platinum, special glasses for insulation, passivation and protection layers, contact materials, leads, materials for gas-sensitive layers etc.
- Validated technological process steps for coating (vapor deposition, sputtering, screen printing etc.), micro-structuring (by photolithography and/or laser), thermal processes, dicing, bonding, chip-/ element-tests, magazining etc.
- Process-reliable adequate process technology and equipment for manufacturing.
All processes are running according to IATF 16949:2016 (quality management) and DIN EN ISO 14001:2015 (environmental management). ...